Group Exercise Coordinator
Cape Ann YMCA
Part Time- 25 hours per week
Committed to our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, the Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and administration of the Group Exercise program. Communication and schedule management is an essential part of the position.
- Assist in the training, selection, supervision and evaluation of the group exercise instructors.
- Foster professional standards among instructors and members (Role Modeling).
- Monitor all instructors to ensure they are providing safe, fun and motivational group exercise classes.
- Create and maintain group exercise schedule.
- Plan and assist with the delivery with special aerobic events.
- Promote group exercise program to membership.
- Track and report usage statistics for all group exercise classes.
- Must be on the schedule and teach a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Provide coverage for instructors who are out sick or on vacation
- Ensure instructors have current and valid certifications
- Communicate schedule changes to Membership Director and Membership Team.
- Assist in upholding the Cape Ann Y Group Exercise standards.
- Responsible for securing coverage and ensuring there are no gaps on our group exercise schedule.
- Hold group exercise certifications through a recognized organization.
- Flexible schedule to adjust with programming needs.
- Must have computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel and able to learn Google Docs and gmail.
- Must be willing to attend additional required trainings within the specified time per hiring schedule (51A online training, Child Abuse Prevention, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a faced paced environment and relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading classes and activities, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting. Must be able to teach at minimum 8 group exercise classes per week.
This position is full time hourly, 25 hours per week. Salary is $14 per hour for administrative duties and a Group Exercise Instructor rate commensurate to experience and qualifications. The YMCA of the North Shore offers 8% retirement as an additional benefit after one year of full time employment. Position is eligible for 2 weeks vacation and paid sick time.
To apply, contact Director of Operations, Brian Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org