Summer is the time to discover!
Summer Camp plays an important part in the lives of our communities’ youth as they develop towards adulthood. Children realize important life lessons and make memories each day as they learn from their surroundings and peers. Whatever interest your child has, there is a Y camp for them. Led by caring, highly trained staff, you can rest assure that your child is in a safe, nurturing environment.
Sterling Woods Day Camp
Sterling Woods Day Camp provides children with a classic day camp experience! Your child will build confidence with our adventure course, learn teamwork through our sports and games, develop swimming skills in our pools, create unique arts & crafts and “think outside of the box” with music. Campers will spend their day bonding with friends under the supervision of excited and energetic Y Camp Staff. Each week features a different fun theme with special dress up days and programming. Contact: Alyssa Smith
Along side Sterling Woods, our Camp STAR is tailored for children with cognitive, emotional, sensorial and/or behavioral disabilities. Camp STAR Contact: Allison Cousins
For the older camper, Sterling Woods offers a Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program. Contact: Mike Collins
- Gymnastics and Dance Camps allow children to twist and twirl on all the Olympic apparatus including the tumble trak and trampoline, and dance and choreograph their own dance routines. Contact: Jeanne Gonet (Gymnastics) & Carissa Gerber (Dance)
- Sports Camps offers a wide variety of sports for the active child, including: soccer, basketball and football, in addition to swim time and other age appropriate games.
Contact: Casey Sudak
- Adventure Camps give campers the opportunity to learn about the environment while walking through the woods, observing marine life while exploring a local beach, climbing the rock wall and swimming in the pool during activity time at the Y. Contact: Janelle Brink
OCEAN Adventure Weekly Trips
Mondays - Ocean Adventure campers will go to Independence Park in Beverly and play games to get to know each other.
Tuesdays - Ocean Adventure campers will go to the following Gloucester beaches (see dates below):
Wednesdays - Ocean Adventure campers will go to Lynch Park in Beverly to kayak, play volleyball, and go to the splash pad. They will return to camp by 3:15 pm.
- Wingaersheek Beach (6/28, 7/12, 7/26,8/9, 8/23)
- Stagefort Park (7/5, 7/19, 8/2, 8/16)
Thursdays - Ocean Adventure campers will participate in a special ocean-related field trips (see list below):
Fridays - Winter Island
Ocean Adventure Specialty Camp Field Trips
*Unless otherwise noted, Ocean Adventure Camp will return to the Sterling Y by 1 pm for swim each day. Campers will then participate in adventure activities including Archery, and High and Low Challenge Course.
- Session 02: June 27-July 1- Cape Ann Whale Watch
- Session 03: July 5-8- New England Aquarium
- Session 04: July 11-15- Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Coast to Coast Paddle
- Session 05: July 18-22- Sailing on Schooner Fame in Salem
- Session 06: July 25-29- Salem Sound Coast Watch
- Session 07: August 1-5- Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Coast to Coast Paddle
- Session 08: August 8-12- Sailing on Schooner Fame in Salem
- Session 09: August 15-19- Cape Ann Whale Watch
- Session 10: August 22-26- Salem Sound Coast Watch
- Specialty Camps allow children to be creative and express themselves. They learn about artists and create their own masterpieces, get the chance to explore and learn the answers to science mysteries, and participate in activities based around children's books series. Theatre Arts Camps give kids a space to develop and showcase their talents in an expressive way. Campers learn dialog, acting, singing, and dance as they prepare to perform for friends and families by the end of camp. Contact: Mary Ellen Mayo