Summer is the time to discover!
Summer Camp plays an important part in the lives of our communities’ youth as they develop towards adulthood. Children realize important life lessons and make memories each day as they learn from their surroundings and peers. Whatever interest your child has, there is a Y camp for them. Led by caring, highly trained staff, you can rest assure that your child is in a safe, nurturing environment.
Children's Island Day Camp
Children's Island has provided families from the North Shore and around the world with a unique summer experience. Located on a picturesque 25-acre island one mile off the coast of Marblehead and Salem, Children's Island features five buildings with bathrooms, ample space for camp meetings, tents for overnights, shaded picnic area, volleyball net, archery range, beaches and playing fields. We also offer special focus camps on the Island, including: Sailing Camp, Rangers Camp and Ocean Adventures Camp. Older children are invited to take part in Islanders Camp (Grades 7-10) or become a Counselor in Training (Grades 9-10).
Learn more about Children's Island Day Camp »
Small Fry Camp
Small Fry Camp is designed to provide a fun and rewarding camp experience for the first time camper. Your child will enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and gym games on the outdoor field, field trips, art activities and swimming. Campers also enjoy taking field trips to local beaches and children’s museums, meeting new friends and practicing social skills in a small group setting.
- Preschool Paddleboats (Ages 4-5): Children are scientist, artists, authors and explorers who need active experiences to learn and grow everyday. Give your child a summer to remember at the YMCA Preschool Paddleboats Camp. Centered on specialty curriculum designed for 4 and 5 year old preschool children, hands on exploration will bring the themes alive. Outdoor physical activities including climbing, running, bike riding and swimming at our beautiful playground and pools provides a well rounded experience for our youngest campers.
Camp Sunrise is a fully-inclusive program for individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory, emotional and/or multiple disabilities. Campers will have fun participating in drama, arts and crafts, daily swimming, gym and sports. Campers are integrated into partner camps and enjoy all of the usual camp activities while being in a supportive personal environment. These camps feature very low staff to camper ratios and specially trained staff.
Activities are designed to improve and develop:
- Gross motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Social skills
- Gymnastics Camps allow children to twist and twirl on all the Olympic apparatus including the tumble trak and trampoline.
- Sports Camps offer a wide variety of sports for the active child, including: soccer, hockey, basketball, t-ball, swim time and other age appropriate games.
- Adventure & Explorers Camps provide opportunities to learn about local plants and animals during walks through the woods, observe marine life while exploring local beaches, climb the rock wall and swim in the pool during activity time at the Y. Camps include Star Wars, Nerf, Adventure, archery, and more!
- Arts, Dance & Cooking Camps allow children to be creative and express themselves. They learn about artists and create their own masterpieces, write stories and illustrate their own books, dance in various styles and design their own jewelry and whip up fun and nutritious snacks.
- Performing Arts Camp gives kids a space to develop and showcase their talents in an expressive way. Campers learn dialog, acting, singing, and dance as they prepare to perform for friends and families by the end of camp. Learn more» Contact: Carissa Gerber
- Science Camps give kids the chance to explore and learn the answers to the mysteries of science through fun hands-on activities.
- Leadership Camps like our Junior Leaders teach kids responsibility and begins to develop leadership skills, while still enjoying traditional camp activities like swimming and sports
For more information about Camps, contact Chris Bevilacqua, Associate Director, at 781.990.7002 or email@example.com.