Summer of adventure, lifetime of memories
Our camps offer children positive developmental experiences that build confidence through skill-building activities suited to their age. Children gain a sense of achievement through programs in the outdoors and are welcomed to camp each day by caring and nurturing staff, whose highest priority is their safety and well-being.
Campers are able to explore creativity, teamwork and leadership in a wide range of physically active programs that influence lifelong healthy living. They also have the opportunity to enjoy an outdoor environment where they develop an appreciation of nature. Many of our campers and staff return year after year, building the rich history of our camps.
Learn more about the Camp options at each YMCA:
We offer a variety of traditional Day Camp options:
- Camp Naumkeag in Salem, with beaches over looking Beverly Harbor
- Camp Spindrift, along the banks of the Annisquam River in Gloucester
- Camp Windward, at the Cape Ann YMCA facilities
- Camp Dory, situated along the shore of Lake Chebacco in Essex
- Camp Takoma HAS MOVED to Camp Cedar Mill at our Rowley Campus
- Camp Cedar Mill - Ipswich Family YMCA Rowley Campus. Located just off Route 1 at 390 Wethersfield Street in Rowley. Beautiful wooded trails, an outdoor swimming pool, adventure course, lodges and more!
- Camp Tricklin' Falls, a wooded retreat in East Kingston, NH
- Children's Island, located on a 25-acre island in Salem Sound
- Sterling Woods in Beverly, with picturesque pines and a pond
We also offer many flexible day options from locations across the North Shore, to partial week care for all ages. Specialty camps include: Sports Camp, Adventure Camp, Field Trip Camps, Gymnastics Camps, Swimming Camps, Arts and Performing Arts Camps, Cooking Camps, Science Camps and so much more.
Everyone belongs at the Y, regardless of income. If you thought you couldn't be part of the Y, think again! Learn more about
Financial Assistance for our camp programs »