LYNCH/VAN OTTERLOO YMCA EXCITING RENOVATION PROJECT UPDATES!
To Our Members and Participants: During our upcoming renovation plan, we will do everything we can to minimize the disruption to your Y experience. The project is slated to begin April17, 2017and be complete by the end of June 2017. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we improve our space. We will be providing details on our progress on this page as well as our Facebook page. If you have questions or concerns, contact Gerald B. MacKillop, Jr., Executive Director at email@example.com or at 781.631.9622. Again, thank you for your patience and for supporting the Y. During our renovation, Lynch/van Otterloo members can also access any of our other North Shore YMCA locations
We have some additional updates regarding the multipurpose/stretching room on the fitness floor that we would like to share. With an adjustment in our construction timeline, we can begin work on our fitness floor sooner than expected. This will enable us to get it operational in a quicker time period than we initially thought. Given this small change, there will be some impact to space on the second floor.
Here's the plan:
- The current stretching and multipurpose room will be relocated to squash court #1. Given the smaller space, it will be used for stretching exercises only. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow weights in this space. We expect this stretching space to occupy squash court #1 for about four weeks (through mid-May).
- TRX training will be relocated into two areas; one on the fitness floor and one outside of squash court #1.
Early Learning Center Expansion-Expanding high quality infant care
- Additional 14 infant care spots
- Additional 7 toddler care spots
- State-of-the-Art classroom
- Age appropriate developmental zones
Revitalized Kid’s Club Babysitting Location- Providing families with safe and reliable babysitting as they strive for better health
- Interactive Play Zones
- Increased Capacity
- New Convenient Location
Increased square Footage for the Wellness Center-Offering more space to better meet the needs of our members
• Additional 1,400 square feet
• Increased Stretching Space & Equipment
• More training space
• New Equipment
New Welcome Center-A New Standard in Customer Service
• Tastefully redesigned lobby
• New Welcome Center Desk
• Self-Serve Kiosks
• Concierge Desk
• Interactive Displays