WHAT OUR NEW YMCA AND A COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT WILL DO FOR CAPE ANN
- Provide a place where our community gathers, where everyone is welcome.
- Educate, nurture and engage our children.
- Help keep our population fit and healthy.
- Be a resource for water safety through swim lessons, lifeguard training, CPR certifications and more.
- Create a place for friendships to flourish: old, new, and reconnected friends.
- Foster an intergenerational culture where children, teens, young adults, families, and seniors will gather and interact.
- Encourage Y values; caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Our New Construction Updates
On February 26th, the Cape Ann YMCA marked the next phase of the construction project with a “Topping off and Beam Signing” ceremony. Developer Windover and its construction team raised the last and highest steel beam for the new Cape Ann YMCA. Cape Ann YMCA Executive Tim Flaherty was joined by Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken, YMCA of the North Shore, President & CEO Chris Lovasco, Board Chair Marianne Smith, YMCA CEO Emeritus Jack Meany, longtime Y supporters, board members, volunteers and staff as they added their signatures to the steel beam that will support the new state-of-the-art space. Please stay tuned here for the latest building updates.
Groundbreaking Ceremony - What a day!
September 24, 2019
New Y Highlights
Mollie and John Byrnes
Elaine and David McKechnie
Capital Campaign Staff
Marge Cregg | Chief Advancement Officer | YMCA of the North Shore
John Dudley | Associate Director, Major Gifts | YMCA of the North Shore
Tim Flaherty | Executive Director | Cape Ann YMCA
Chris Lovasco | CEO | YMCA of the North Shore
Jack Meany | Director of Special Projects | YMCA of the North Shore
Jane Stark | Chief Development Officer | YMCA of the North Shore
Chrissy Cahill | Major Gifts Officer | YMCA of the North Shore
Cape Ann YMCA Board of Directors
Marianne Smith, President