YOUR MEMBERSHIP MEANS SO MUCH MORE
Be part of a cause-driven organization committed to nurturing kids, supporting healthy lifestyles and giving back. With programs like LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, YMCA Diabetes Prevention, Summer Learning Loss prevention for elementary school children, our volunteer initiative Togetherhood and more, we are providing so many opportunities to stay healthy, active and engaged in the communities we serve and strengthen.
- Access to our Kid's Clubs, free with all family memberships - Click here for our Kids Club newsletter>>
- Access to Y Fit
- Reduced rates on programs for youth and adults
- Access to YMCAs across New England free of charge through the “My Y is Every Y” program. Current members can use any YMCA in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut for free when they show their member scan tag. Some restrictions may apply. Contact the local Y for their policy.
- No Contracts. There are no long-term contracts to sign! For your convenience, the YMCA offers an automatic monthly bank draft or credit card payment option.
- Satisfaction is guaranteed at the YMCA! If you are not completely satisfied within 30 days of joining the Y, we will refund your membership and joining fees.
- Get Started is a series of complimentary appointments designed to support you in pursuit of your health and wellness goals. A wellness coach will meet with you to discuss your needs and interests and together you will develop an achievable plan for success
- State of the art fitness centers
- Free group exercise classes like Zumba and Cycling
- Reduced rates on personal training and fitness programs
- Access to knowledgeable staff who can help you achieve your fitness goals
- Access to Y Fit
- Special teen events and programs
- Open family time
- Social groups to connect you to your neighbors
- Open recreational time
- Aqua aerobics and Aqua Zumba classes
- Lanes available every day for lap swim
- Open recreational time in our pools
Kids Club Babysitting
BRING FUN AND LEARNING TOGETHER
Through creative activities and play, your children will explore monthly themes, make friends and learn new skills. Our nurturing staff will keep your kids active and engaged while you enjoy your workout. Kids’ Club drop-in babysitting is FREE to everyone holding a Family Membership. Children age 6 weeks to 8 years are welcome while parents are in the Y facility.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. All our Kids’ Club staff are thoroughly screened and certified in CPR and First Aid. Kids’ Club hours vary by Y, please check local Y hours for specifics. For parents looking for a longer program, we offer full-day child care, After School care and camp programs.
YFit to Get You Started
Let our fitness experts help you launch and sustain a smart program that brings out your personal best. You'll go through a series of orientations to help you set and achieve your goals. 1-on-1 appointments with Wellness coaches include: setting your personal wellness goals, creating a custom profile in our MobileFit software, and completing Y Fit workouts with your coach.
- Stay on track with on-going support from your Personal Wellness CoachTrack calorie-burning activities and customize workouts
- Update your plan as you progress and see results with our innovative MobileFit® technology
- Receive one-on-one support on-site, online and on your schedule
- Earn points along the way for special prizes!
TO GET STARTED ON YOUR Y FIT PROGRAM TODAY, CONTACT ANY WELCOME CENTER.
My Y is Every Y: Visit Ys Across New England for Free!
As a YMCA of the North Shore member, you have access to YMCAs across New England free of charge through the “My Y is Every Y” program. Current members can use any YMCA in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut for free when they show their member scan tag. Some restrictions may apply. Contact the local Y for their policy.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NEW ENGLAND MEMBERSHIP RECIPROCITY PROGRAM?
The program is for full facility/full privilege Y members (those holding adult, family or senior memberships) whose home Y is located in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut.
DOES IT COST EXTRA TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
No, all full facility/full privilege members may participate at no additional charge. The reciprocity program is intended to be an added benefit and convenience for members when visiting other communities. You need to maintain a full facility/full privilege membership at the Y you visit most frequently.
HOW OFTEN CAN I USE ONE OF THESE YMCAS? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO AT A PARTICULAR YMCA?
There is no limit on the number of visits by reciprocal members. We recommend members check the individual Y's website before visiting. See ymca.net for a complete listing of all Ys.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO VERIFY THAT I AM A CURRENT Y MEMBER?
You must bring your current membership card and a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license) in order to utilize another Y. By providing both of these items the staff at the visiting Y will be able to verify your current Y membership. It is mandatory that you bring both of these items with you.
WHEN VISITING THE YMCA OF THE NORTH SHORE:
- Visiting members are welcome to drop-in to member benefit areas.
- Only YMCA of the North Shore members may reserve a space in spinning, barre, open gymnastics, and other space-limited activities. Visiting members are welcome to participate on a standby basis.
- A YMCA of the North Shore membership is required to receive member pricing on any fee-based programs and services.