AT THE Y WE ARE MORE THAN A GYM
Welcome to the Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA! We have all of the amenities you and your family need to be together, play together and stay healthy together.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor pool/waterslide, outdoor pool/waterpark
- Hundreds of group exercise classes including, Zumba, aqua aerobics, strength training, yoga, bootcamp and more
- FREE Kids Club Babysitting - children can play and learn while you get your workout in
- Childcare, gymnastics, swim lessons, sports, summer camp, senior programs, special events and more
- Volunteer opportunities through our national initiative "Togetherhood"
Jr. Celtics Youth Development
We are thrilled to collaborate with the Boston Celtics again for our recreational basketball program!
SPRING SEASON IS COMING!
March 20 - June 5th
Check out our virtual components for Spring 2021
- Draft Night Celebration for Youth Development League
- Coaches Training
- Interactive Event with Lucky and Celtics prizes for Rookies!
- Home Court App use for Youth Development League
Ages 3 – 5
Skill development program featuring opportunities for young children to be physically active in a fun environment. Learn fundamental movement, social/emotional skills, and overall motor skills. Team concepts/principles are taught including group skill competitions.
- 12-week program (March 13- June 5th)
- Ages 3 - 5 | six-foot hoop
Jr. Celtics Youth Development League (JCYDL)
AVAILABLE AT OUR BEVERLY, NEW CAPE ANN, AND MARBLEHEAD YMCA LOCATIONS
Ages 6 – 13
Youth basketball league teaching fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis on a healthy player/coach development based on the core values of what it means to “BE A CELTIC.”
- 12-week program (March 13- June 5th)
- Starters: Ages 6 – 8 | Size 5 ball, 8-foot hoop
- Allstar division: Ages 9 – 11 | Size 6 ball, 9-foot hoop
- MVP Division: Ages 11-13, regulation size ball and hoop
- One-hour practice, one-hour game
- During Week 1 participants set benchmark score in “Jr. Celtics Basketball Drills”
- During the final week, participants are re-tested in drills to measure improvement
- Top 10% improvers earn an exclusive prize as a Jr. Celtics All-Star
- Custom co-branded uniforms for each participant
- Rookie Hoops Shooting Shirt
- Youth Development League Jersey
Personal Training, Nutrition & Body Composition
PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS
YMCA Personal Trainers are certified professionals with education and experience across many disciplines. Your trainer will customize a fitness plan to fit your needs, budget, and schedule.
TOP 5 REASONS TO WORK WITH A YMCA PERSONAL TRAINER...
MOTIVATION | ACCOUNTABILITY | KNOWLEDGE | SAFETY | INTENSITY
One-on-one or group training sessions!
Click here to fill out a brief form so you can get connected with one of our Personal Trainers!
All of Ys now offer drafting for personal training for your convenience. You can sign up for your chosen package and have your fee drafted monthly. Pay in full options are available also.
NUTRITION SESSIONS WITH OUR REGISTERED DIETITIANS
Single Session or 3 Session Package
BODY COMPOSITION SESSIONS
15 or 30 Minute Session Assessment
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Abstain from eating a meal and drinking large amounts of fluid at least 2 to 3 hours before the test.
- Drink enough fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration at the time of the test.
- Avoid exercising for 12 hours before the test.
- Avoid caffeine within 3 hours of the test.
- Empty bladder (urinate) at least 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of the test.
- Please be aware that the methods used for body composition just provide an estimate. Furthermore, since body fat percentage estimates are influenced by a change in water content in the body throughout the day, please try to be consistent with the time of day that you get tested if you plan to track changes.
Part of the USA Swim Lesson Provider Network
SAFE & CONFIDENT SWIMMERS START AT THE Y: SWIM LESSONS, COMPETITIVE SWIM TEAM AND MORE!
Join Sharks Swim Academy and learn to swim! Sharks Swim Academy is backed by more than 150 years of YMCA swim lessons expertise. At each level including water discovery, acclimation, movement, stamina, stroke development, and mechanics, children gain the skills to become strong, confident, safe swimmers. Our certified swim instructors will teach your child to be safe around water.
Our Ys offer full-service swim programs for ages 6 months & up with a variety of programming options: swim lessons, swim team, adaptive swim programs for children with special needs, aqua exercise, leadership development, lifeguard training. Warm, welcoming pool environment for the whole family that includes a wide variety of open swim hours to choose from. Join at any time, monthly drafting fee with no commitment. Our instructors have been trained in the latest swim curriculum from Y-USA. Our evidence-based program is proven effective to quickly teach children how to swim and be safe around water. Clearly defined progressions help advance non-swimmers to elite-level competitive swimmers.
Click here for NEW Sharks Training Academy Pilot Program at our Cape Ann YMCA!
REGISTER FOR PRESCHOOL & YOUTH SHARKS SWIM ACADEMY BELOW: