AT THE Y WE ARE MORE THAN A GYM
Welcome to the Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA! We have all of the amenities you and your family need to be together, play together and stay healthy together.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor pool/waterslide, outdoor pool/waterpark
- Hundreds of group exercise classes including, Zumba, aqua aerobics, strength training, yoga, bootcamp and more
- FREE Kids Club Babysitting - children can play and learn while you get your workout in
- Childcare, gymnastics, swim lessons, sports, summer camp, senior programs, special events and more
- Volunteer opportunities through our national initiative "Togetherhood"
The Y Connection Age 55+
FREE ENRICHMENT PROGRAMMING FOR OUR MEMBERS AGE 55+
The Y Connection meets once a month to dream up fun programs and adventures! Canoeing, hiking, biking, golf club, apple picking, snowshoeing to name a few. Our weekly Clubs include; mah jongg, cribbage, book club, walking, country line dancing, and, of course, great conversation and fun. We have field trips, tours, bus trips, classes such as Creative Writing, Astrology, Geneology and more!
Won't you join us?
Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA contact: Ashley Snell firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipswich YMCA contact: Farrah Dube Parent email@example.com
PERSONAL TRAINING FOR EVERYBODY
Whether you're just beginning your journey to a healthier lifestyle, or an athlete looking to reach your next fitness goal, the YMCA's personal trainers can help you get there. YMCA Personal Trainers are certified professionals with education and experience across many disciplines. Your trainer will customize a fitness plan to fit your needs, budget, and schedule.
All of Ys now offer drafting for personal training for your convenience. You can sign up for your chosen package and have your fee drafted monthly. Pay in full options are available also.
TOP 5 REASONS TO WORK WITH A YMCA PERSONAL TRAINER
MOTIVATION - Personal trainers provide positive encouragement to “keep your eye on the prize.”
ACCOUNTABILITY - Working with a Y personal trainer keeps you consistent which leads to impressive results.
KNOWLEDGE - Walk away with new knowledge of a variety of exercises and techniques to confidently use on your own.
SAFETY - Our certified trainers will ensure that your workouts are performed using proper form, technique, and safety.
INTENSITY - Your trainer will choose the right intensity so you can reach your individual goals quickly.
Never tried personal training? Special offer: $60 off a full pay 4 pack of personal training. Ask for details when you sign up.
Jr. Celtics Youth Development
We are thrilled to collaborate with the Boston Celtics for our NEW recreational basketball program!
Ages 2 – 5*
Skill development program featuring opportunities for young children to be physically active in a fun environment. Learn fundamental movement, social/emotional skills, and overall motor skills. Team concepts/principles are taught including group skill competitions.
- 12-week program (Nov. 15 – Feb. 8)
- Rookie Green: Ages 2 & 3 | four-foot hoop
- Rookie Gold: Ages 4 & 5 | six-foot hoop
Jr. Celtics Youth Development League (JCYDL)
Ages 6 – 11
Youth basketball league teaching fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis on a healthy player/coach development based on the core values of what it means to “BE A CELTIC.”
- 12-week program (Nov. 15 – Feb 8)
- Pro division: Ages 6 – 8 | Size 5 ball, 8-foot hoop (70% drills, 30% games)
- Allstar division: Ages 9 – 11 | Size 6 ball, 9-foot hoop (60% drills, 40% games)
- One-hour practice, one-hour game (including 3v3)
- During Week 1 participants set benchmark score in “Jr. Celtics Basketball Drills”
- During the final week, participants are re-tested in drills to measure improvement
- Top 10% improvers earn an exclusive prize as a Jr. Celtics All-Star
- Custom co-branded uniforms for each participant
- Rookie Hoops Shooting Shirt
- Youth Development League Jersey
- Skills Academy Hooded Sweatshirt