WELCOME TO YOUR Y
Membership at the Y is your ticket to an endless variety of classes, activities and fun for everyone. Our full-service facilities offer state-of-the art fitness equipment, workout and wellness studios, pools, gymnasiums, outdoor water parks, events and top-quality childcare, giving you access to so much more than a place to work out. And that's not all, our outdoor on-site and off-site spaces are packed with fun and adventure for all ages. Being part of our Y family enables you stay connected, give back, get involved and strengthen your community.
Our YMCA is open to all. Through the generosity of donors we offer income-based memberships and financial assistance for our programs, camps and childcare.
Your Membership Means so much more!
Be part of a cause-driven organization committed to nurturing kids, supporting healthy lifestyles and giving back. With programs like LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, YMCA Diabetes Prevention, Summer Learning Loss prevention for elementary school children, our volunteer initiative Togetherhood and more, we are providing so many opportunities to stay healthy, active and engaged in the communities we serve and strengthen.
- Access to Y Fit, which provides a three step orientation system and ongoing support program that helps you identify and succeed in your wellness goals.
- Reduced rates on programs for youth and adults
- Access to our Kid's Clubs, free with all family memberships
- Access to YMCAs across New England free of charge through the “My Y is Every Y” program. Current members can use any YMCA in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut for free when they show their member scan tag. Some restrictions may apply. Contact the local Y for their policy.
- No Contracts. There are no long-term contracts to sign! For your convenience, the YMCA offers an automatic monthly bank draft or credit card payment option.
- Satisfaction is guaranteed at the YMCA! If you are not completely satisfied within 30 days of joining the Y, we will refund your membership and joining fees.
The YMCA is happy to offer a wide range of membership choices. We offer association wide memberships that give you access to seven locations across the North Shore. We also offer "Local Only" memberships in our Cape Ann, Haverhill and Salem Ys which allow you to access only that Y at a lower rate. We are committed to ensuring everyone can enjoy the Y. We offer financial assistance.
Click here for our Rate Calculator
Everyone belongs at the Y, regardless of ability to pay. We are committed to ensuring every community member, has access to our Ys. Our Financial Assistance program enables all individuals and families to become active members and participants at a rate that fits their budgets. This program is possible thanks to the many generous donors who support the YMCA’s Annual Campaign —100% of donations made to the Y help support kids, adults and families in need.
Throughout the year, the YMCA of the North Shore runs various membership promotions to help you get healthy and stay healthy!
The Y has a long and distinguished history of serving military personnel and their families, dating back to the Civil War, and we are pleased to continue that service by providing special pricing to military personnel and their families in the form of a 10% discount* on membership dues.
All armed services personnel (active duty, veteran, retired, reservist, National Guard, Coast Guard) and their families, including the family members of deployed personnel
WHAT VERIFICATION** IS NEEDED?
Qualifying applicants must present photo ID, plus one of the following:
- Military ID
- DD214 (certificate of release from service)
- LES – Leave Earning Statement (paycheck) from the Department of Defense
- VA Health Care Card
- In the case of deployed personnel, family members may present deployment orders.
*Discount applies to regular, full priced YMCA of the North Shore memberships. Military personnel must be active on the membership unless deployed; valid only for adult and family memberships. If this discount is not sufficient, personnel are encouraged to apply for the Y’s financial assistance program. **No photocopies will be made of any military documentation. Staff will simply verify against a valid photo ID.
GIVE THE GIFT OF FITNESS, FRIENDSHIP AND FUN
Y gift cards can be purchased in any amount for all our great programs and services and in any amount:
Memberships Personal Services like personal training and massage
Youth Programs like swimming, sports, gymnastics and art
Adult Programs like TRX, road race training and boot camp
Summer Camp experiences for kids
Giving someone a gift card means you're helping them connect with their community while they learn new skills and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.