Thank you for visiting our VIRTUAL Y COMMUNITIES!
We are here for you during these unprecedented times so you can stay healthy, connected, and active with us. Our staff has been busy creating content to bring to you virtually so we can all get through this together while supporting each other mentally and physically.
Click on the modules below to find Virtual Fitness On-Demand, Live Fitness, Virtual Activities for Kids, Special "Speakers & Discussions Zoom Chats" with our staff about all kinds of fun and interesting topics, and soon Distance Learning. Check back often!
JOIN US FOR OUR VIRTUAL Y RACES!
YOUR MEMBERSHIP: #StayWithUS
Your membership dollars are more than fees to use our centers, they symbolize your support of the Y and its commitment to the community. We need all hands on deck and we need your support. By allowing your membership to continue in this time of trouble, you will be a Sustaining Member, and your membership has never mattered more. Members of our Y are the ones allowing us to carry on a legacy that stretches back over 160 years of community service in a time of need.
If you are able and choose to support your Y:
During this time, your membership dollars will be considered charitable donations to the efforts we outlined above and allow us the resources to meet whatever needs arise in our community in the weeks ahead.
You do not have to take any action to make this gift. When the Y reopens, you will receive a tax letter indicating the amount you donated. If you are struggling, please let us know. If you are able, please continue to support us over the next couple of months so that we can keep supporting our communities. Membership dues have been the lifeblood of our mission since before Ys had facilities.
CHANGING YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS
We understand if you are facing a difficult or unstable financial situation. Please reach out to your local membership director, who will be happy to share a variety of options with you, including putting your membership on hold.
Cape Ann YMCA - Helene Feeley firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Beverly YMCA - Jonathan Trapp email@example.com
Haverhill YMCA - Jaclyn McCrillis firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipswich Family YMCA - Zachary Hall email@example.com
Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA - Ashley Snell firstname.lastname@example.org
Plaistow Community YMCA - Jaclyn McCrillis email@example.com
Salem YMCA - Mary Sholds firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR Ys COMMUNITY RESPONSE AND SUPPORT
Our Y team has been focused on transitioning our Y’s work to focus on delivering and supporting vital services related to the COVID-19 emergency. These services include:
- Emergency Child Care: We were chosen by the State to provide four emergency childcare centers in three communities serving over 160 children of those serving on the front line.
- Food Distribution to Those in Need: We stand beside local schools and food pantries lending our hands to ensure children and families are fed and stay healthy. This includes over 500 of our own residents living in YMCA affordable housing.
- Partnering with Action Inc. in Gloucester to provide temporary shelter at our Cape Ann Y to support for 30 homeless adults so they can remain socially and physically isolated.
- Virtual Exercise & Activities: We know you crave normalcy and miss the faces you see at the Y every day. We are keeping you connected to our Y and your Y friends in the community through virtual programs and content. Many of you have already taken advantage of your exclusive member-only content and we look forward to sharing more with you each day.
- Staying connected with children and families: We are contracted by the state and are deeply committed to supporting and protecting over 600 at-risk children whom we continue to call and check in on often.
- Daily Inspiration for a Healthy Mind and Body: We will continue to offer daily inspirational messages and activities that include actions you can take to cope during this time on our social media platforms.
- Supporting our Valued Staff: Our staff is community members too, which is why we have focused on determining the best way to support our staff, for most of whom there are simply no hours of work available until we can open our doors once more. We have created an Employee Relief Fund.
And we aren’t stopping there, our plan is to broaden support for all of our friends and neighbors in the coming weeks by expanding our operations to perform vital community functions, like converting some of our Ys to become temporary homeless shelters to increase social distancing. These types of emergency response projects will also allow us to create more jobs for our staff.
How you can help
The world, our communities, our families, and our Y have faced significant challenges over the past months. These times are unlike any of us have seen before.
Because of donors like you, donors who know our Y is much more than just a fitness center or a pool, we are able to play a vital leadership role in the welfare of our communities. In community, we find strength.
- Providing daily childcare for nearly 500 children of whom 45% receive some level of financial assistance.
- Offering daily essential in-person support to over 800 school-age children, of whom one-third receive some level of financial assistance, as they and their families navigate remote and hybrid learning models of whom
- Serving and staying connected to over at-risk 600 children and 500 residents attending Y programs or living in Y affordable housing.
- Collaborating with community organizations like the American Red Cross, food pantries, and local schools for critical services.
- Connecting our members with each other through safe in-person and virtual individual and family program offerings.
We need your help. The current pandemic has changed our world, but not our Y's unwavering mission to serve the community where it is needed most.
Please donate below to help us today and long into the future. Your gift ensures that once the COVID-19 pandemic is over, the Y will continue to provide life-changing and life-saving programs, services, and community to our neighbors in need.
For information, please contact Jane Stark, Chief Development Officer, email@example.com.
News & Events
Our Y welcomes all. We strengthen communities, educate and nurture children, and promote healthy living in spirit, mind and body.
Where all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.