YMCA of the North Shore Internship Program
The YMCA of the North Shore is proud to offer a rich internship program for local students seeking experience in their prospective career. The program allows our organization to provide meaningful work preparedness and learning opportunities for young people while advancing our mission through the addition of resources that help us accomplish our work in new and innovative ways.
Internships at the Y are developed by Directors and Senior Leaders to meet educational objectives and career exploration goals. All YMCA internships are posted and applications are accepted on a semester basis. Internship opportunities listed are regularly updated on this page including deadlines and anticipated placements detailed in each listing. Internships are typically semester-long and will be assigned the semester prior to starting. Follow the links below to submit an application or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Summer and Fall Internships
- Public Health Internship, "Be Healthy Beverly" -Beverly
- Non-Profit Management & Fundraising Internship - Haverhill
- Grant Writing & Social Responsibility Internship -Beverly
Education & Childcare
- Inclusion & Behavior Management- Human Services Internship - Haverhill
- Recreational Elementary Education - Fall only. To Learn more, click here and watch this video
- Summer Camp Marketing Cohort, Multiple Positions - North Shore - Summer only
- Consumer Insights Marketing Analysis Internship - Beverly
- YMCA of the North Shore Marketing Internship - Beverly
Finance & Accounting
Health & Wellness
Sports & Recreation
- Aquatics Administration Internship, Multiple Locations
- Sports & Recreation Internship, Haverhill/Plaistow, NH - Fall Only
- Sports Management Internship, Marblehead - Fall Only
Early Education Opportunities
At the Y, We know that having quality, dependable care is important for working families. We also understand the importance of teachers interested in the field of Early Education gaining hands-on classroom experience to support their growth and development as the next generation of Early Educators. Working with a seasoned mentor, student teachers will have the opportunity to work toward the Department of Early Education & Care Teacher Certification and learn about career opportunities in Early Education and Childcare at the Y.
Interested in a Student Teaching experience at the Y? Submit an application following the link below to be considered for a placement at one of our 12 Early Learning Centers located throughout the North Shore.
Student Teaching Placement Application
High School Senior Projects
Each Spring High School Seniors from around the region complete Internships at the Y. During these placements students develop an understanding of workplace culture and career paths in our organization. These projects are traditionally 4-8 weeks in length beginning in early April through May. While spending time with a Y professional, students have the opportunity to participate in projects that will allow them direct hands on experience learning about the working environment and culture of the YMCA.
To inquire about completing a Senior Project at the Y send en email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placements are limited and determined based on availability.