Corner Stone is currently available at our Ipswich Family YMCA, Cape Ann YMCA and Marblehead YMCA and launches at our additional YMCA locations on the following dates:
Beverly - November 13th
Haverhill, Salem, and Plaistow, N.H. - November 19th
Sign up for updates on Corner Stone.
What's Corner Stone?
A collaborative program providing essential daily living support to cancer patients, cancer survivors, and their immediate families.
Who's a Corner Stone?
If you have cancer, YOU ARE.
If a member of your immediate family has cancer, YOU ARE.
If you work or volunteer in the program, YOU ARE.
If you’re a partner in the healthcare community, YOU ARE.
If you donate to the program, YOU ARE.
What does Corner Stone do?
CORNER STONE PROVIDES...
· A complimentary Y membership to cancer survivors (those diagnosed within the past 5 years) and their families for one year (with extended options for those still receiving treatment).
· Access to all of our member benefits and specialized programs to help those with cancer and recovering from cancer build strength and a sense of community.
· A complimentary week of summer camp for all children in the family enrolled in the program.
· A schedule of special drop-in babysitting for parents who are currently in treatment.
· A non-clinical environment where you and your family can feel comfortable and supported.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Meet a Corner Stone...
I know first hand the pain, stress and doubt cancer can place on a patient and their entire family. My grandmother is currently battling this terrible disease abroad. Corner Stone at the Y will provide essential daily living support for families while they help their loved ones rebuild strength and confidence.
I was diagnosed with cancer at 22. As both a survivor and Y staff member I have a unique perspective on the power of this program. While going through treatment I was so appreciative of my Y family and I am looking forward to Corner Stone providing the same support network and extension of community for so many others.
So many of my friends who have cancer often seem alone with their disease and treatment. Making sure adequate resources are made available to ensure success is very important to me as the YMCA Board President. All of our bold initiatives including Corner Stone make me feel connected to the various communities we serve, reaffirming our impact. I am proud to support Corner Stone and committed to its longevity.