Welcoming ALL at our Y is everyone’s responsibility.
At our Y we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, safe, comfortable, and part of this amazing YMCA community we share. When in our facility or participating in our programs, all individuals are required to adhere to our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. In that spirit, we expect members and guests to be kind and considerate to each other and to the staff in our Ys and online while respecting the rights and personal space of others at all times.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Code of Conduct does not permit actions that fall below a generally accepted standard of conduct, including:
- Use of language that is aggressive, vulgar, or deemed as demeaning to another person or culture.
- Wearing clothing with vulgar language, obscene gestures, racial slurs, or anything that contributes to a hostile environment or would be considered inappropriate in a family facility.
- Inappropriate and/or unwanted physical contact of any kind with another person, especially in any aggressive, threatening, or unwanted way.
- Sexual activity of any kind. Sexual or physical harassment or intimidation with words, gestures, or body language.
- Using a cell phone camera or any other recording device to photograph or film others without their consent or knowledge.
- Theft or behavior which results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices that may be used as a weapon.
- Consuming alcohol on YMCA properties outside of designated events; smoking, vaping, and any other recreational drug use are also prohibited.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from any violation of our Y’s Code of Conduct. In addition, the Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who fails to comply with safety protocols, policies, and procedures that are in place to protect the health and well-being of all. The YMCA reserves the right to update the member code of conduct at any time.
Thank you in advance for doing your part to create a caring, compassionate space for all. If you feel anyone is violating our Member Code of Conduct, please don’t hesitate to notify a Y staff person.