Corner Stone is a collaborative health & wellness program providing support to cancer patients, cancer survivors, and their immediate families.
What does Corner Stone do?
CORNER STONE PROVIDES...
- A complimentary 1 year Y membership to those with cancer, cancer survivors who are within 5-years remission, and their families.
- A complimentary week of summer camp for all children in the enrolled family.
- A schedule of events like nutrition seminars, mindfulness events, walking clubs, and more.
- Access to LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Program.
- A non-clinical environment where you and your family can feel comfortable and supported.
- Access to all of our amenities, fitness classes, virtual YMCA360 platform and all member benefits.
Cape Ann YMCA - Joe Dapper firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Beverly YMCA - Aynsley Harrington email@example.com
Haverhill YMCA - Jaclyn McCrillis firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipswich Family YMCA - Kaitlin Cotter email@example.com
Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA - Jane Rizza firstname.lastname@example.org
Plaistow Community YMCA - Jaclyn McCrillis email@example.com
Salem YMCA - Mary Sholds firstname.lastname@example.org
Who's a Corner Stone?
If you have cancer or are in recovery, YOU ARE.
If a member of your immediate family has cancer, YOU ARE.
If you work or volunteer in the program, YOU ARE.
If you're a partner in the healthcare community, YOU ARE.
If you donate to the program, YOU ARE.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Meet a Corner Stone...
I know first hand the pain, stress and doubt cancer can place on a patient and their entire family. My grandmother is currently battling this terrible disease abroad. Corner Stone at the Y will provide essential daily living support for families while they help their loved ones rebuild strength and confidence.
I was diagnosed with cancer at 22. As both a survivor and Y staff member I have a unique perspective on the power of this program. While going through treatment I was so appreciative of my Y family and I am looking forward to Corner Stone providing the same support network and extension of community for so many others.
So many of my friends who have cancer often seem alone with their disease and treatment. Making sure adequate resources are made available to ensure success is very important to me as the YMCA Board President. All of our bold initiatives including Corner Stone make me feel connected to the various communities we serve, reaffirming our impact. I am proud to support Corner Stone and committed to its longevity.