WELCOMING YOU BACK!
Our 7 YMCA locations will be reopening in phases.
We can’t wait to see you again! As we welcome you back into the Y, safety is our top priority. You’ll find a whole new system based on CDC and state guidelines to make your visit smooth and safe. Here’s what you need to know:
Make sure your membership is active! If you need to update your membership, just email the membership director at your local Y listed here.
New Reservations System:
You must reserve a space for your visit prior to arrival.
- Click here to view availability
- Find your preferred event and sign up - you’ll complete a required health attestation and waiver in the process.
- Reservations open for sign up 24 hours in advance.
- Please plan to arrive and depart within the timeframe of your reservation, as we will be sanitizing spaces and equipment in between reservation groups.
When You Arrive:
- We ask that you stay in your car until your reserved time block begins.
- Wear a face mask into the Welcome Center for check-in.
- If a line has formed, space yourself 6 feet apart (we’ll have signage on the floor to help!)
- When it’s your turn, staff will:
- Verify your reservation
- Ask you to verbally confirm nothing has changed with your health or exposure to the virus
- Invite you to scan your membership card/phone app and enter
Outdoor Group Exercise Class Reservations
Currently available at: Beverly, Cape Ann, Lynch/van Otterloo, Ipswich Family, Haverhill and Plaistow (NH) YMCAs
- We're currently only able to welcome adult members 18+ for group exercise at our MA YMCAs (we'll let you know as soon as we can expand the age range); the Plaistow Y is able to welcome members 16+ with a Parent/Guardian COVID Waiver completed.
- To adhere to social distancing guidelines, classes are limited to 10 participants.
- Reserve a spot on our website (up to 24 hours in advance).
- Please check-in at the Welcome Center and we'll direct you to the outdoor location of the class.
- Equipment will be limited to mats only.
- Don't forget your water bottle!
Outdoor Pool Reservations
Currently available at: Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA, Ipswich Family YMCA
- Pool reservations are available in either lap swim or open swim formats, depending on the pool - please see schedule.
- Open swim reservations allow for a group reservation; as the reservation includes a COVID-19 medical attestation and waiver, individuals included in your reservation group must be members of your household.
- Due to current state guidelines, there will be no locker rooms during this phase. Bathroom access is available.
- Please, no food or drink at this time.
- Check-in at the Welcome Center and then head outside to the pool gate!
Locker Room Access
Currently available at: Plaistow YMCA
- Lockers are available for day use only.
- No sauna access at this time.
Fitness Center Reservations
Currently available at: Plaistow YMCA
- Fitness center reservations are available in 75-minute blocks.
- There is a Seniors-Only fitness center reservation block for our 65+ members - this block immediately follows our midday deep-clean, to ensure that you have the safest possible experience in the Y.
- Due to limited capacity for social distancing, fitness center reservations are only available to YMCA of the North Shore members (no guests or National YMCA Reciprocity visitors) at this time.
- Teen members ages 14+ are welcome to reserve a fitness center space or take a group exercise class once an initial Parent/Guardian COVID Waiver has been completed.
New Hampshire vs. Massachusetts Residency:
Due to New Hampshire guidelines, New Hampshire residents are welcome to enroll as new members at the Plaistow YMCA, and we would be glad to help you enroll over the phone or online before your visit. Massachusetts residents who are current YMCA of the North Shore members are permitted to visit the Plaistow Y. Massachusetts residents who are not currently members may not enroll at the Plaistow Y at this time.
What you can expect when you visit
- Single Entry/Exit: To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry/exit point plus clearly marked traffic patterns.
- PPE for Staff: All staff working directly with members will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan into the Y to allow for limited contact entry. This is especially easy using our mobile app! Click here for more information about our app and how to download.
- More Sanitizing Stations: We are providing single-use disinfectant wipes for exercise machines and have added more hand sanitizing stations throughout our Y.
- Protective Shields: We will have shields installed in our welcome centers and we ask that you complete any enrollments or account changes via email or phone.
- "Green Means Clean" Stickers: We will be maintaining a strict cleaning regimen that includes a green sticker system. Our staff will apply a green sticker every time a machine has been disinfected. You can help by removing the green sticker when you use a machine.
- Spaces Redesigned for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. You’ll see signage throughout our facilities to help guide you and, as always, our staff is here to answer your questions.
How we are asking members to help maintain safety
We appreciate our member's adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. You will sign a digital health attestation when you register for your visit.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down & Sanitize Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
- Follow Facility Signage: You'll notice lots of signage around our facility to not only remind and motivate you, but also to ensure you know which areas are available, where entries and exits are and where you can find sanitizing supplies.
- Wear a Mask When Close to Others: Please keep your mask on while you’re within 6 feet of others. We’ve spaced out our equipment so you can take it off while actually working out, but please put it back on when you’re crossing paths with another member or staff.