PLAN YOUR VISIT!
We are committed to the health and safety of all our staff and members! As you plan your visit, please be aware that we are following specific safety and sanitation protocols as required by state and local boards of health. Thank you in advance for helping keep the Y safe by following the guidelines below!
MA State Mandated Mask & Distancing Protocols
Per Massachusetts Department of Public Health, members must wear masks at all times except during vigorous exercise on equipment spaced at least 14 feet apart.
NH State Mandated Mask & Distancing Protocols
Per New Hampshire Department of Public Health, members must wear masks any time they are unable to stay 6+ feet apart.
When You Arrive:
- Wear a face mask into the Welcome Center for check-in.
- If a line has formed, space yourself 6 feet apart (we’ll have signage on the floor to help!)
- When it’s your turn, staff will:
- Ask you to sign a daily health attestation and waiver
- Invite you to scan your membership card/phone app and enter
When You Depart:
Use your membership card/phone app to scan out - this will help us manage building occupancy according to state guidelines
- We're currently able to welcome members ages 14+ at our Massachusetts YMCAs and 9+ at our Plaistow, NH Y once a Parent/Guardian COVID Waiver is completed.
Facility and Program Protocols
- Reservations - To adhere to social distancing guidelines, classes, programs and member benefits like open gymnastics and swim have limited capacity and therefore require reservations. Visit our schedules page to see what’s available!
Locker Rooms & Showers - At our Plaistow, NH location, lockers are available for day use only; no sauna access at this time. At our MA locations, locker rooms are available to swimmers only for changing, however, belongings must be stored on the pool deck during your swim as locker use is still prohibited. Due to current state guidelines, showers are only to be used to rinse off before swimming and must remain closed otherwise
What you can expect when you visit
- Single Entry/Exit: To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry/exit point plus clearly marked traffic patterns.
- PPE for Staff: All staff working directly with members will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan into the Y to allow for limited contact entry. This is especially easy using our mobile app! Click here for more information about our app and how to download.
- More Sanitizing Stations: We are providing single-use disinfectant wipes for exercise machines and have added more hand sanitizing stations throughout our Y.
- Spaces Redesigned for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. You’ll see signage throughout our facilities to help guide you and, as always, our staff is here to answer your questions.
How we are asking members to help maintain safety
We appreciate our member's adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. You will sign a digital health attestation when you register for your visit.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down & Sanitize Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials.
- Follow Facility Signage: You'll notice lots of signage around our facility to not only remind and motivate you, but also to ensure you know which areas are available, where entries and exits are and where you can find sanitizing supplies.
- Wear a Mask: In our Massachusetts locations, we must ask you to please keep your mask on unless you're exercising vigorously on a machine that's at least 14 feet apart from other people and equipment. In our Plaistow, NH location, we ask that you keep your mask on while you’re within 6 feet of others.
Facility Tours - Safety & Sanitation Tours
Coming back to the Y is a personal health decision! We know some members won’t feel comfortable under these current guidelines, and that’s okay. Come see all our safety and sanitation procedures firsthand! Please wear a mask when you visit, and a member of our team will walk you through our redesigned facility spaces and sanitation procedures. We look forward to answering any questions you might have as you consider whether or not you're ready to join or reactivate your membership. Visit or Schedules Page and click "Facility Tours" to sign up for a tour!
Throughout the fall and winter, we will closely track COVID-19 numbers and continually evaluate our processes to keep the Y as safe as possible. As you evaluate your own health and level of comfort in public settings, keep in mind, we have several levels of engagement available:
Virtual & In-Person Workout Options
Virtual Wellness Platorm, Powered by BURNALONG - Join your favorite YMCA instructors for online health, wellness and fitness classes to help you stay motivated anywhere! Plus, access hundreds of additional workouts from instructors from around the world to provide you with different options and workouts every day! Click here to learn more!
Outdoor Activities - Spread out and get a workout in the fresh air with outdoor group exercise and lap swim, where available!
Indoor Activities - For those who are healthy and ready for indoor activities, come work out in our fitness centers and indoor pools, with state-mandated mask and distancing guidelines.