AT THE Y WE ARE MORE THAN A GYM
Welcome to the Ipswich Family YMCA! We have all of the amenities you and your family need to be together, play together, and stay healthy together.
Sign up here
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor pool, outdoor pool/waterpark
- Hundreds of group exercise classes including, Zumba, aqua aerobics, strength training, yoga, bootcamp and more
- FREE Kids Club Babysitting - children can play and learn while you get your workout in
- Childcare, sports, summer camp, senior programs, special events, and more
- Volunteer opportunities through our national initiative "Togetherhood"
Jr. Celtics Youth Development
We are thrilled to collaborate with the Boston Celtics again for our recreational basketball program!
SPRING SEASON IS COMING!
March 20 - June 5th
Check out our virtual components for Spring 2021
- Draft Night Celebration for Youth Development League
- Coaches Training
- Interactive Event with Lucky and Celtics prizes for Rookies!
- Home Court App use for Youth Development League
Ages 3 – 5
Skill development program featuring opportunities for young children to be physically active in a fun environment. Learn fundamental movement, social/emotional skills, and overall motor skills. Team concepts/principles are taught including group skill competitions.
- 12-week program (March 13- June 5th)
- Ages 3 - 5 | six-foot hoop
Jr. Celtics Youth Development League (JCYDL)
AVAILABLE AT OUR BEVERLY, NEW CAPE ANN, AND MARBLEHEAD YMCA LOCATIONS
Ages 6 – 13
Youth basketball league teaching fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis on a healthy player/coach development based on the core values of what it means to “BE A CELTIC.”
- 12-week program (March 13- June 5th)
- Starters: Ages 6 – 8 | Size 5 ball, 8-foot hoop
- Allstar division: Ages 9 – 11 | Size 6 ball, 9-foot hoop
- MVP Division: Ages 11-13, regulation size ball and hoop
- One-hour practice, one-hour game
- During Week 1 participants set benchmark score in “Jr. Celtics Basketball Drills”
- During the final week, participants are re-tested in drills to measure improvement
- Top 10% improvers earn an exclusive prize as a Jr. Celtics All-Star
- Custom co-branded uniforms for each participant
- Rookie Hoops Shooting Shirt
- Youth Development League Jersey
Part of the USA Swim Lesson Provider Network
SAFE & CONFIDENT SWIMMERS START AT THE Y: SWIM LESSONS, COMPETITIVE SWIM TEAM AND MORE!
Join Sharks Swim Academy and learn to swim! Sharks Swim Academy is backed by more than 150 years of YMCA swim lessons expertise. At each level including water discovery, acclimation, movement, stamina, stroke development, and mechanics, children gain the skills to become strong, confident, safe swimmers. Our certified swim instructors will teach your child to be safe around water.
Our Ys offer full-service swim programs for ages 6 months & up with a variety of programming options: swim lessons, swim team, adaptive swim programs for children with special needs, aqua exercise, leadership development, lifeguard training. Warm, welcoming pool environment for the whole family that includes a wide variety of open swim hours to choose from. Join at any time, monthly drafting fee with no commitment. Our instructors have been trained in the latest swim curriculum from Y-USA. Our evidence-based program is proven effective to quickly teach children how to swim and be safe around water. Clearly defined progressions help advance non-swimmers to elite-level competitive swimmers.
Click here for NEW Sharks Training Academy Pilot Program at our Cape Ann YMCA!
REGISTER FOR PRESCHOOL & YOUTH SHARKS SWIM ACADEMY BELOW:
Your Support Puts Our Mission Into Action
The world, our communities, our families, and our Y have faced significant challenges over the past months. These times are unlike any we have seen before.
Because of donors like you, donors who know our Y is much more than just a fitness center or a pool, we are able to play a vital leadership role in the welfare of our communities.
- Assure that safe and reliable childcare is available to ALL.
- Help neighbors stay connected, active, and healthy.
- Provide crucial academic support, physical activity, and social-emotional resources for students in our communities.
- Support our most vulnerable neighbors with no-cost Y membership access. And so much more!
Click here to see more of what we've been doing to support the community!
Thank you for your support. Your gift ensures that once the COVID-19 pandemic is over, the Y will continue to provide life-changing and life-saving programs, services, and community to our neighbors in need.
For information, please contact Jane Stark, Chief Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.