AT THE Y WE ARE MORE THAN A GYM
Welcome to the Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA! We have all of the amenities you and your family need to be together, play together and stay healthy together.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor pool/waterslide, outdoor pool/waterpark
- Hundreds of group exercise classes including, Zumba, aqua aerobics, strength training, yoga, bootcamp and more
- FREE Kids Club Babysitting - children can play and learn while you get your workout in
- Childcare, gymnastics, swim lessons, sports, summer camp, senior programs, special events and more
- Volunteer opportunities through our national initiative "Togetherhood"
The Y Connection Age 55+
FREE ENRICHMENT FOR MEMBERS 55+
The Y Connection meets once a month to dream up fun programs and adventures! Canoeing, hiking, biking, golf club, apple picking, snowshoeing to name a few. Our weekly Clubs include; mah jongg, cribbage, book club, walking, country line dancing, and, of course, great conversation and fun. We have field trips, tours, bus trips, classes such as Creative Writing, Astrology, Geneology and more!
Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA contact: Ashley Snell email@example.com
Ipswich YMCA contact: Farrah Dube Parent firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. Celtics Youth Development
We are thrilled to collaborate with the Boston Celtics for our NEW recreational basketball program!
Ages 2 – 5*
Skill development program featuring opportunities for young children to be physically active in a fun environment. Learn fundamental movement, social/emotional skills, and overall motor skills. Team concepts/principles are taught including group skill competitions.
- 12-week program (Nov. 15 – Feb. 8)
- Rookie Green: Ages 2 & 3 | four-foot hoop
- Rookie Gold: Ages 4 & 5 | six-foot hoop
Jr. Celtics Youth Development League (JCYDL)
Ages 6 – 11
Youth basketball league teaching fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis on a healthy player/coach development based on the core values of what it means to “BE A CELTIC.”
- 12-week program (Nov. 15 – Feb 8)
- Pro division: Ages 6 – 8 | Size 5 ball, 8-foot hoop (70% drills, 30% games)
- Allstar division: Ages 9 – 11 | Size 6 ball, 9-foot hoop (60% drills, 40% games)
- One-hour practice, one-hour game (including 3v3)
- During Week 1 participants set benchmark score in “Jr. Celtics Basketball Drills”
- During the final week, participants are re-tested in drills to measure improvement
- Top 10% improvers earn an exclusive prize as a Jr. Celtics All-Star
- Custom co-branded uniforms for each participant
- Rookie Hoops Shooting Shirt
- Youth Development League Jersey
- Skills Academy Hooded Sweatshirt
Personal Training. Nutrition & Body Composition
PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS
YMCA Personal Trainers are certified professionals with education and experience across many disciplines. Your trainer will customize a fitness plan to fit your needs, budget, and schedule.
TOP 5 REASONS TO WORK WITH A YMCA PERSONAL TRAINER...
MOTIVATION | ACCOUNTABILITY | KNOWLEDGE | SAFETY | INTENSITY
One-on-one or group training sessions!
Click here to fill out a brief form so you can get connected with one of our Personal Trainers!
All of Ys now offer drafting for personal training for your convenience. You can sign up for your chosen package and have your fee drafted monthly. Pay in full options are available also.
NUTRITION SESSIONS WITH OUR REGISTERED DIETITIANS
Single Session or 3 Session Package
BODY COMPOSITION SESSIONS
15 or 30 Minute Session Assessment
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Abstain from eating a meal and drinking large amounts of fluid at least 2 to 3 hours before the test.
- Drink enough fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration at the time of the test.
- Avoid exercising for 12 hours before the test.
- Avoid caffeine within 3 hours of the test.
- Empty bladder (urinate) at least 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of the test.
- Please be aware that the methods used for body composition just provide an estimate. Furthermore, since body fat percentage estimates are influenced by a change in water content in the body throughout the day, please try to be consistent with the time of day that you get tested if you plan to track changes.